Episode 2: Fibre, Laxatives & Constipation
This fascinating second episode sees Anne Holdoway speak with expert dietitians Tig Bridge and Kirsten Jackson, as they delve into the usage of both fibre and laxatives in the management of constipation. Covering a wide range of current hot topics whilst addressing many of the challenges experienced by dietitians in current practice.
Episode 2 – Key Discussion Points
- Are dietitians overlooked?
- The cost of constipation
- Fibre Categorisation
- Current guidelines
- Fibre in enteral feeding
- Is fibre often forgotten?
Paper referenced in this podcast:
- Dietary fibre in gastrointestinal health and disease. Samantha K. Gill et al. 2020. Available from: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41575-020-00375-4?proof=t
- The Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) Carbohydrates and Health Report. Available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sacn-carbohydrates-and-health-report
- Bowel Interest Group reports. Available from: https://bowelinterestgroup.co.uk/resources/
- Clinical Knowledge Summaries from National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Available from: https://cks.nice.org.uk/