Episode 5: Nutrition Provision in the ICU
This inspirational episode will see acclaimed dietitian, Ella Terblanche MBE, discuss her experiences accrued from over 25 years as a critical care dietitian.
Talking with podcast host Dr. Anne Holdoway, Ella conveys a wealth of transferable knowledge, applicable to dietitians at any level.
Episode 5 – Key Discussion Points
- The Intensive Care Society
- The importance of dietitians in the ICU
- Challenges of enteral nutrition provision in the ICU
- Developments in medical nutrition products
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Advice for future critical care dietitians
- Intensive Care Society
- Guidelines for the provision of intensive care services
- The role of dietitians in critical care paper
- Effort trial
- BDA critical care specialist group
- Novel digitally enabled care pathway to support post-intensive care recovery and goal attainment following critical illness paper